Terms & Conditions
Runaround Rascals – Terms and Conditions of hire
• It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure easy access to the venue for unloading and loading of equipment. Any restrictions (lack of parking, stairs, narrow doorways etc.) must be reported to Runaround Rascals Soft Play Hire prior to the event. Failure to do so may result in delay to setting up, an additional fee being payable by the Hirer or cancellation by Runaround Rascals Soft Play Hire.
• The Hirer must agree that the area where the goods are to be situated will be free from obstructions, debris and that there is strictly no dog foul (for outdoor bookings) where the equipment is to be sited, before our drivers arrive.
• The packages include free setup and delivery to venues within 10 miles. We have teams in Herts, Beds, Bucks, North London and Essex. This does not include any parking or toll charges. Venues beyond this will incur a delivery fee. Please contact us for details.
It is the responsibility of the person/s hiring equipment to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to avoid injury or cause damage to the equipment. Please ensure that the following safety instructions are followed:
1. NO adult should use any equipment that is supplied solely for children’s use. The bouncy castle is intended for use by persons below the age of 12. Please ensure no person over this age uses the equipment
2. A responsible adult over the age of 18 must be supervising the equipment at ALL times. No person under the influence of drink or drugs should supervise or operate the equipment
3. Always ensure the equipment is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of people using it. Always avoid a mix of large and small children at the same time
4. The bouncy castle must be fully secured to the ground at all times during use if outside. This will be staked in to soft ground.
5. All safety mats must be left in place at all times
6. DO NOT allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step of the castle as children could easily bounce off the inflatable and get hurt. The step is there to assist users to get on and off
7. Ensure that no person with a history of heart, neck or back problems, high blood pressure, joint or bone weakness or any person with a history of known medical disabilities are allowed to use the equipment. Also any person who feels unwell should be removed immediately
8. ALL shoes, glasses, jewellery and badges MUST be removed before using the equipment to avoid damage
9. NO food including sweets, chewing gum & drinks on the equipment at any time. This will avoid both choking hazards and potential damage of the equipment.
10. No smoking or barbeques on or near the equipment.
11. Face paints, party poppers, steamers or silly string must not be used near or on equipment, as they can permanently stain the equipment. The cost of repairing any damage to the equipment made during the period of hire will be met by the hirer
12. No pets on or near any of the equipment
13. Climbing, hanging or sitting on side walls of the bouncy castle is DANGEROUS and MUST NOT be allowed.
14. Children should not be pushing, colliding, fighting, attempting somersaults, wrestling, running or behaving in a manner likely to cause injury, damage or distress to others or the equipment
15. DO NOT allow anyone to be on the inflatable during inflation or deflation as this could damage both the equipment and injure the user
16. Ensure a safety zone of 6 feet (2 metres) around the equipment is kept clear at all times.
17. It is strongly recommended that the inflatable should not be used in high winds or wet conditions. In the event of rain it is recommended that the bouncy castle is switched off for safety reasons and when it’s safe to switch on to towel dry any wetness before allowing children back on. No water fights on or near the equipment
18. In the event that the blower stops working, ensure ALL users exit the inflatable immediately. Make sure the blower tube has not come loose, the deflation zip is still closed and that nothing is obstructing the blower. Failing all this, please contact us for further assistance.
19. Always use the RCD plug provided. Only use electrical equipment supplied by us, as all electrical equipment is fully tested to the appropriate Health and Safety Guidelines by a qualified electrician and fitted with British Standard approved connections. These connections are splash proof (except RCD’s) and can be left out in wet weather although this is not advised. Do not allow them to become submerged in water
20. Do not allow any person to interfere, adjust or repair any electrical item, even if qualified to do so. Failure to do so may result in additional cost for the replacement or repair of damaged parts.
21. Any damage to equipment caused by misuse, neglect, loss or failure to follow these conditions, shall deem the hirer liable for full repair / replacement or cleaning costs in addition to any loss of business as a result of such loss or damage as per hire contract
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT ANYTHING PLEASE CONTACT US FOR CLARIFICATION
Terms & Conditions
By signing this Hire Agreement you are entering into a legal contract with Runaround Rascals (‘We’) and confirming you accept the following:
• You will pay the balance due on date of your hire. Failure to do this will result in any deposit being kept and the hire no proceeding
• All equipment to be collected in the condition as at the start of the period of hire.
• If any of the equipment is not available for collection by the end of the period of hire you agree to pay for the continued hire of equipment until the equipment is available for collection.
• If loss or damage is incurred to any of the equipment between the period of delivery or collection, you agree to pay the full cost of replacement or repair of any lost or damaged items within 14 days of the end of the period of hire Payments
• An adult over the age of 18 (preferably the person who made the booking must be available to sign for delivery and collection of the equipment. Our Disclaimer for Terms & Conditions of Hire will also need signing. Generic written risk assessments are available should they be required.
• If an adult is unavailable to sign on delivery then we are unable to leave the equipment at the venue and a full cancellation fee will apply (50% of original booking fee)
• We will complete an audit of the equipment on collection to ensure no damage or loss to equipment, this will need to be signed by a member of your party, ideally the person who made the booking
• We require a minimum 60 minutes before and after the event to allow set up and collection. We will require clear access to do this.
Loss & Damage
• All equipment to be returned in a clean and in undamaged condition. All parts must be intact and accounted for
• The person who books the hire is fully responsible for any loss or damage caused to the equipment during hire. If damage or loss occurs during the hire the named booker is responsible and must cover any costs to repair or replace the equipment Delivery
Bad Weather/Outside Parties
• We will not set up in strong wind, heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions
• We will return at our earliest convenience to collect if bad weather ensues during the period of hire
• The hirer is liable for equipment that is damaged due to weather conditions
• Where we are unable to set up equipment due to adverse weather a cancellation fee can apply
• Outside parties are booked and paid for at your own risk. We will be happy to reschedule a party due to weather if availability allows
£5 Million public liability insurance is held by Runaround Rascals
All liability on our behalf is void should any injury occur due to the misuse of drugs and/or alcohol or non-adult supervision.
All team members are CRB checked.